Here it is! The shark raincoat made from PUL and vinyl! This was a tough one! Starting with fabric choices and then getting wrapped up in pockets, this guy finally came to life. Using only online sources was very difficult, especially when you have a broad network of people that you could easily call upon for help. The benefit of this project was that it really put you in the students’ position, where they have a wealth of information at their fingertips, but figuring out how to access and use it is a totally different story. While I used past knowledge to muddle my way through it, I realize that there are a number of places along the way that a student could get sidetracked – wow did those pockets really suck me in! – and lose sight of the bigger picture. This project was a great example to highlight the need to effectively locate, apply, and share information in the digital age.
See all the snafus in the full video!